There are plenty of ways to generate content and start using video on your website and in social media that will attract customers. Your business may need a corporate promotional video, filming for an event, a product demonstration or a “How to” video.
Think about the information you currently provide on your website and in social media. Could any of that be made more engaging in a video format?
Video content marketing: first steps
These are some of the simple ways you could transform the way you present information to your customers and reach a new audience.
- Change customer testimonials from text to video to engage more people. https://www.instagram.com/p/BZix0Gphyq9/?taken-by=marksandspencer
- Try an animated explainer video which uses graphics and a voiceover to talk about your products and services https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxN2hAFeV6g&list=PLe5NKXSMDUHvF_IL7RN6Tfxy3xrQ4KU47.
- Create a product demonstration video, like we did for our bridal attire client Elizabeth Dickens. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bocsu57mftw ).
- Publicise an event with a taster clip, like our video for Suffolk Open Studios art event (link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB3X_mtsHgo&t=39s).
- Create a shareable animation for social media, like this short advert we made for Fenland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTaNgoyih00
- Build a massive twitter following using behind the scenes videos of your business, like Manchester City Football Club. https://www.marketingweek.com/2017/11/09/manchester-city-became-first-premier-league-club-hit-1m-youtube-subscribers/
- Showcase your products with an unboxing video. Samsung have particularly effective unboxing videos for their new phones (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdp7qy6uWLo ).
- Demonstrate expertise by filming a useful presentation. For service-based companies, a video can inspire trust by showing customers the team they will be working with. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCOKs6LRtxA
YouTube for video content marketing
Your video should be uploaded to your YouTube channel, as YouTube is a hugely popular place for people to search products and services. This would be a great place for customer testimonials for potential buyers can see how other have reacted to your products and services. https://spirusmarketing.com/video-content-marketing-need-now/
Deciding which type of video to use
- Consider your specific marketing goal, your audience and distribution method.
- Think about your customers and what they want from your business. Which type of film will be most appropriate to meet your customers’ needs? See our list above.
- Decide where your video will be seen. Will it stay on your website or should it be shared on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn? You may need a different tone for different channels.
- The quality of video you need will depend on its purpose. A launch event or video brochure will need to be professionally shot. If you want to send a quick Tweet from a networking event, use your phone’s camera.